More Very Cool Guitar Improvisation Tutorials to Help you navigate through some chord changes.
Here’s Part 3 of How to Improvise on guitar. The TAB and Guitar Music Notation above relates to soloing over two simple chords an A Major 7 to a D Major 7 chord.
- These chords are common and they fall into the key of A.
- The key of A has 3 sharp notes (one note higher) .
- The sharp notes are F# G# and C #.
- The A major 7 chord consists of A C# E and G#
- The D major 7 chord consists of D F# A and C#
The simple improvisation which I have done is totally within the key of A, it has a certain jazziness about it but I I’ll tell you what, if you nail this stuff and have it in your musical toolbox, it could open your playing up a little instead of just playing Pentatonic (5 note) scales or Blues scales. If you want a blues scale to play over this , use F# Blues, it’ll sit beautifully over it.
To download the printable version click on the link Guitar Improvisation Amaj7_to_Dmaj7